KRONE GX: The all-rounder in the KRONE transport fleet hauls all kinds of crop and cargo. Farming is about logistics and flexibility is key for the success of your business. As an all-round machine, the KRONE GX general-purpose wagon ticks every box. It was designed to a unique concept which allows you to haul nearly any type of agricultural cargo. The jack of all trades.
- KRONE GX – jack of all trades: For general work all year round
- The unloading principle: Chains pull a floor belt and the headboard to the rear for gentle and careful unloading of a wide variety of cargo
- The load area: Light-weight and rugged with height-adjustable sides
- KRONE single-piece frame: For reduced dead weight and boosted payload
- Operation: Ease of use is the top priority. ISOBUS-compatibility and multiple auto functions provide maximum operator comfort
- The underride guard: Swings hydraulically in and out of position for maximum convenience and safety
- The double-function tailgate: The tailgate folds out of the way or swings up high, giving you maximum flexibility even when your machine has the discharge rollers
GX stands for general-purpose wagon, the most recent addition to the Krone forage wagon range. This wagon offers a new level of versatility and gentle and fast unloading of a wide variety of cargo. The new machine is available in two sizes – 57.5 yd³ and 68 yd³ – with two optional discharge rollers. The GX 440 rides on tandem axles and the GX 520 on a tridem unit, with both models featuring standard Isobus operation.
A world first – unique unloading control by length of the pit With ExactUnload, GX unloads its cargo automatically at rates that match the length of the pit. The operator sets the unloading rate infinitely variably for a course between 32' 9.6" and 328'. ExactUnload controls the unloading rate actively to match the current forward speed of the tractor, helping you deliver the crop in accurate and reproduceable heaps. Laying out a nice blanket, the GX is particularly good at filling silage pits and controlled unloading routines in the field.
The headboard and moving floor form a powerful unit for gentle crop feeds
As a general-purpose wagon, the GX is equally at home on the road and in the field. The running gear offers great ride comfort, good road stability and light running.
- Up to 4 t tongue load from a slim and compact design
- Two massive hydraulic cylinders move the drawbar in any position
- Curved collision protectors protect the tractor tyre in tight turns
- Standard suspension for convenient rides in fields and on roads
The hydraulic articulated drawbar makes the GX general-purpose wagon a smarter machine. This simple but very functional design eliminates a hydraulic stand for attachment to the tractor. As it can lower the front end, eliminates the headboard hatch and optimizes the filling process by raising the rear end. In extreme conditions, GX offers maximum ground clearance and variable tongue loads.
- Huge capacity: 44 m³ to 52 m³ bodies
- Single-frame concept for a lower dead weight and high payload
- Lightweight and rugged body
- See-through headboard for optimum visibility
- Telescoping extensions as an option
The KRONE GX general-purpose wagon is a high-capacity machine that adapts flexibly to different applications. For example, the telescoping extensions easily vary the volume and adjust the loading height to the job at hand.
- Two optional discharge rollers unload the material in a uniform mat
- Discharge rollers protected through main drive shaft
- A simple mechanism attaches the discharge rollers to the tailboard when not in use
- Convenient changeovers without time-consuming removal
The double-function tailgate is another clever feature on the KRONE GX. After all, versatility is key for the GX. The two optional discharge rollers on the KRONE GX 440 and GX 520 models unload the material in a uniform mat for perfect rolling. The powerful and effective rollers are designed to handle the high unloading rate of the floor belt. When not in use, they simply swing up and out of the way.
- Hydraulic running gear for exceptional road stability
- KRONE tandem axles for axle loads of up to 20 tonnes
- KRONE tridem axles with lift axle and a 27/30 t axle load
- Optional hydro-pneumatic suspension for smooth rides in uneven terrain and on bumpy tracks
- Reliable brakes courtesy of accumulated brake cylinders that are sourced from commercial vehicles
Our hydraulic axle assemblies were specifically developed for our wagons and trailers. As such they offer exceptional road stability and best rides in extreme situations – which are essential and nearly indispensable qualities in today’s haulage business. Thanks to a unique axle configuration, the GX offers great stability and quiet running.
- LED work lights for safe operation in the field and safe road travel
- Excellent visibility at night
- Standard position lamps for high visibility at night.
- Add reflective strips for more safety
- Hydraulic underride guard is a standard feature
Up to eight LED working lights, sidelights that are visible from far away, reflective strips and an optional camera with display screen are very useful additions that make work at night easier and safer. Together with the underride guard, this equipment provides a maximum of work and road safety.