Job Title: Warehouse Superintendent
Department: Parts and Service
Reports To: Vice President, Parts & Service
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Responsible for overseeing the management of the day to day operations and the safety of all programs within a German based Agricultural company distribution facility.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the operation of the warehouse, shipping and receiving in order to maintain order accuracy, timely shipments and proper manpower levels.*
- Resolves operations issues by monitoring daily workflow and prioritizing workload by effectively communicating changes/expectations to ensure Krone NA’s departmental efficiencies and effective production standards are maintained.*
- Coaches and mentors direct reports to develop a reliable and cohesive team by empowering them to make sound departmental decisions that consistently meet and/or exceed Krone NA’s company goals.*
- Meets all customers’ service goals by working closely with production planning and Krone NA’s support team.*
- Develops a plan for cost effective distribution, production improvements and capital budgets for needed capital equipment and annual expenses.*
- Minimizes workers’ compensation exposure by developing effective safety and environmental guidelines in accordance with OSHA regulations and company policies within the facility.*
- Assists with loading trucks when necessary.*
- Ability to drive and/or be comfortable moving heavy equipment; such as self-propelled, pull-type units and crated machinery.*
Directly supervises eight or more employees in the Parts and Wholegoods Warehouse Department. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; termination of employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule forms.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP and SAP WMS, Order Processing Software and ADP.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university; and four to eight years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid drivers’ license with insurable driving history. Valid passport for international travel.
- Knowledgeable of all machines sold by the company.
- Occasionally use forklifts, drive tractors and self propelled machinery.
- Use of hand tools to assemble equipment.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management, organizational skills and multitasking ability.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to work in both a warehouse and/or office environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and talk/hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands, reach with hands and arms, to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste/smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Vision Requirements: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more, peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships, ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) and the ability to see color.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, wet or humid conditions (non-weather), outdoor weather conditions, and extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com, including current contact information and salary requirements if you would like to be considered for this position.
We review all resumes and appreciate all applicants. We will be in contact with you if your resume fits our requirements.
Please keep checking our job opportunities portal as we are a growing company and will be having many more job posting in the coming year.
Thank you for your interest in Krone NA, Inc.